The Sheffield Adventure Film Festival has put together a 2 hour film night that is now touring around the UK. The programme includes the award winning film "Queen Maud Land". A dream team of elite climbers Jimmy Chin, Conrad Anker, Alex Honnold, Cedar Wright, Anna Pfaff and Savannah Cummins fly to the inhospitable Antarctic range to test themselves on frozen big walls against sub zero temperatures. One of the ShAFF judges said, "It's the film where Alex Honnold actually shows fear whilst climbing. I'm not surprised, check out that Antarctic rock!"
Here's the trailer of Queen Maud Land...
Interested? Here's the programme, dates and venues..
1. A Mile An Hour: A different kind of marathon, running one lap an hour for 24hrs around a perfectly mile long block.
2. Gravitas: The most incredible Calisthenic Street Workout Scenes with the Australian Calisthenic Athlete “Simonster.”
3. Queen Maud Land: Six climbers fly to the inhospitable Antarctic range to test themselves on frozen big walls and against subzero temperatures.
4. Kai Jones: 12 year old rips gnarly terrain at Jackson Hole.
5. The Frenchy: 82 year old Jaques Houot, may just have found the fountain of youth.
6. Ar Gefn y Ddraig (Riding The Dragon): Huw Jack Brassington’s attempt to complete the hardest 5 day mountain race in the world, The Dragons Back.
Dates and Venues...
14th,15th and 17th July - Eden Court, Inverness.
17th and 21st July - Phoenix, Exeter.
4th August - Northern Light Cinema, Wirksworth.
14th August - Buxton Opera House, Buxton.
7th and 8th September - Phoenix, Leicester.
7th September - Rheged, Penrith.
12th September - MAC, Birmingham.
24th and 25th September - Ilkley Cinema, Ilkley.
Contact the venues for tickets!